Listen to me Write!

Home » Speech recognition » Frustrations: “Well it should have worked!” And now fixed

Frustrations: “Well it should have worked!” And now fixed

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 19 other followers

I’ve been trying to add a YouTube node to this blog but of course it needs to have videos there that is somewhere related to the topic. So having used CamStudio in the past I thought I’d revisit that screen capture program and get it to record me dictating through Dragon so that you could see just how it responds just how I dictate et cetera.
Well that was the goal, reality turned out something different.

I did some research on this and found a number of YouTube clips which showed really good results on using CamStudio

and even with using CamStudio with Windows 7 in the 64-bit versions


So I downloaded the codec – the instructions that allow the system to convert to the format of video or output that you’re looking for. I updated with everything that I could find.

This is what I got:

camStudio-01 by ilox101
camStudio-01, a photo by ilox101 on Flickr.
Capture of CamStudio showing the main Codec available is only Microsoft’s.
I need to do much more with this to get it to work properly.
UPDATE: this next video shows how to fix the problem and now the CamStudio Lossless codec comes up in the Video options.
Whew! Things should not be as hard as this.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: